VIDEO AND RESOURCES: America the Possible
We all love America and feel lucky to live in a free country with so many opportunities. But we also know that in many ways, our country is falling behind and heading in the wrong direction.
In this short animation, noted environmentalist and author Gus Speth shows us another America: America the Possible.
This is the place we truly want for our children and ourselves — an America where the pursuit of happiness is sought not in ever-more getting and spending, but instead in the growth of human solidarity, real democracy, and devotion to the public good.
Here's the good news: We can start building America the Possible right now in our own homes, streets, neighborhoods, and cities. Watch the video to learn more.
To watch the video, click here.
Inspired to take action in your community?
Check out these resources from New Dream:
- Guide to Sharing — Project ideas for sharing resources locally in your neighborhood
- Guide to Going Local — Strategies for strengthening local economies
- Get2gether — A platform to meet up with New Dreamers living near you
- List of sources cited in the video
- America the Possible: Manifesto for a New Economy
- America the Possible: A Revolution Cookbook for a More Decent Society [book review]
- A Roadmap to a New Economy: An Interview with Gus Speth
- Arrested! Voices from the Front Lines of the Tar Sands Protests
- Occupy Movement Needs to “Think Big” About a New Economy
More from Gus Speth: