Unbottle Water Cartoons
This original cartoon series by Center for a New American Dream shows just how problematic bottled water is. Share these on social media and urge others to #UnbottleWater!
Want to know where these statistics came from? Click here.
Illustrations for Center for a New American Dream by Pat Bradley
- Americans drink more than 73 billion half-liter bottles of water a year—enough to circle the globe more than 370 times.
- In 2009, 47.8% of all bottled water sold in the United States came from municipal tap water supplies.
- An estimated three-quarters of Americans suffer from mild, chronic dehydration, one of the most common causes of daytime fatigue.
- It takes 17 million barrels of oil a year to manufacture all the bottles we use in a year.
- The average U.S. family of four uses 56 plastic water bottles a week, and only 1 in 6 of those is recycled.