Providing tools and support to families, citizens, and activists to counter our consumerist culture and to create new social norms about how to have a high quality of life and a reduced ecological footprint.
Simplify the Holidays
Increasingly, Americans are tired of the commercialization of our most cherished holiday celebrations and want more of what matters — not just more stuff. With our Simplify the Holidays resources, New Dream is here to help you get started.
You don’t have to rack up credit card debt or get swept up in the season’s commercialism. Instead, consider creating holidays that instill more meaning into the season and encourage more sharing, laughter, creativity, and personal renewal. We hope our Simplify the Holidays tips will help you reduce stress and increase personal fulfillment during the holiday season.
Our resources include:
- Simplify the Holidays pledge, where you can commit to easy, concrete actions.
- Free printable coupon book, which allows you to give gifts of time and experience.
- Simplify the Holidays booklet, with practical tips for less stress and more joy.
- Simplify the Holidays Calendar, which offers new simplifying tips during the holiday season.
- Quizzes, reader tips, and more...
Simplify Valentine's Day
Wouldn’t it be nice if we all agreed to just pare down Valentine’s Day to its core? Why don’t we just view it as a sanctioned opportunity to tell those around us how much we love them? Check out our Simplify Valentine's Day resources to help you “reboot” Valentine’s Day into a day focused on kindness and generosity.