Providing tools and support to families, citizens, and activists to counter our consumerist culture and to create new social norms about how to have a high quality of life and a reduced ecological footprint.
New Dream's Beyond Consumerism program provides tools to help families and individuals rein in consumerism in everyday life. You'll find resources like:
- SoKind, which allows you to create "alternative" gift registries focused less on stuff and more on family, fun, and friends.
- Our Simplify the Holidays campaign, with tips for creating less wasteful and more meaningful holiday celebrations.
- Kids Unbranded, our campaign to help parents and educators reduce commercialism at home and in schools.
- Our Reducing Plastics campaign, with resources and tips to help you eliminate bottled water and plastic bags in your community.
- Our video, "The High Price of Materialism," in which psychologist Tim Kasser discusses how consumerism undermines well-being.
Here are 10 tips for boosting your style while avoiding the traps of fast fashion. »Read More
There are a few key things you can look for to give you a better idea of what kind of company you are supporting with your wallet. »Read More
Alternative gift ideas for Father's Day that are green, family-friendly, and local (because we all know dad doesn't need another necktie). »Read More