Providing tools and support to families, citizens, and activists to counter our consumerist culture and to create new social norms about how to have a high quality of life and a reduced ecological footprint.
New Dream's Beyond Consumerism program provides tools to help families and individuals rein in consumerism in everyday life. You'll find resources like:
- SoKind, which allows you to create "alternative" gift registries focused less on stuff and more on family, fun, and friends.
- Our Simplify the Holidays campaign, with tips for creating less wasteful and more meaningful holiday celebrations.
- Kids Unbranded, our campaign to help parents and educators reduce commercialism at home and in schools.
- Our Reducing Plastics campaign, with resources and tips to help you eliminate bottled water and plastic bags in your community.
- Our video, "The High Price of Materialism," in which psychologist Tim Kasser discusses how consumerism undermines well-being.
The High Cost of Materialism
Learn how America's culture of consumerism is undermining our well-being.
Beyond Green Consumerism
What we buy matters. But what we do matters more.
Tips for Parenting in a Commercial Culture
Practical tools to push back against the onslaught of commercialism.
Our audience has used SoKind Registry in new and creative ways that have surprised and inspired us. Maybe you have a great idea, too? »Read More
Lisa Lukin realized that her unfulfilling life was only going to change if she intentionally created a new path. Here's her story. »Read More
Do you get too much "stuff" over the holidays? Here are three ways that New Dreamers have transformed their gift-giving traditions. »Read More