New Dream Regional Coordinator
About the Position
The Regional Coordinator position is responsible for helping with outreach, organizing, and communications for New Dream in a specific geography—i.e., a state or region. The Regional Coordinator is currently a volunteer position, although in the future we hope to provide a stipend for this work. The position offers the Coordinator an opportunity to join a national network working on consumption and sustainability, get training on these issues, and make a difference in his or her community.
- Researching appropriate groups, nonprofits, campuses, media, community leaders, and government officials to reach out to in the region.
- Giving presentations about New Dream to local community and civic organizations, campus and student groups, neighborhood associations, businesses and city governments.
- Representing New Dream at conferences, festivals, and workshops by tabling, leafleting, and/or speaking.
- Helping to organize events, including trainings, workshop and outreach opportunities for local New Dream members and others to gather and plan community projects.
- Promoting New Dream events, publications, and news via traditional and social media.
Qualifications and Experience
- Desire to learn about New Dream issues, projects, and strategies and share them with others
- Ability to build relationships and work with a variety of people from diverse backgrounds
- Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to give presentations
- Enthusiasm and positive attitude
- Availability, dependability, and willingness to be flexible
- Ability to commit to consistent number of days/hours per month for New Dream activities
- Ability to work well independently and on a team
- Leadership experience
- Interest and experience in community building and sustainability issues a plus
This position can be based anywhere within the continental United States, although New Dream is especially interested in regions in the South and Midwest.
Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Regional Coordinator Position” in the subject line. In addition to explaining why you’d like to work with New Dream, please also include the following in your cover letter:
- How much time you can to commit each week
- What days and for how long you are available (minimum requirement: 12 months)
- Any existing connections you have with local groups and organizations that would be relevant to New Dream work
This position will remain open until filled.