Graphic Design Internship
The Graphic Design Internship at the Center for a New American Dream offers a unique opportunity to work with a small organization that helps Americans reduce and shift their consumption to improve quality of life, protect the environment, and promote social justice.
The Graphic Design Intern will work closely with the Director of Online Media and Engagement to:
- Design brochures and publications for New Dream's programs
- Produce infographics highlighting topics such as American consumerism, quality of life, and the sharing economy
- Design other materials for the organization as needed
The ideal candidate for the Graphic Design Internship will possess:
- At least 2 years of graphic design experience; Infographic design experience a plus
- Ability to work independently and capable of taking initiative on specific projects
- Excellent research and communication skills
- Proficiency with and access to Adobe Creative Suite applications
- Coursework reflecting interest in and knowledge of the environmental, social, and economic dimensions of sustainability
- Enthusiasm about using infographics as a communication tool to make ideas and data accessible to the general public
This position can be based offsite within the continental United States.
Schedule & Compensation
Interns must be able to commit to at least 3 months, and preferably longer. Interns will be unpaid and will be expected to be available 15–20 hours per week. Academic credit may be offered.
Please email a cover letter, resume, and 2-3 graphic design samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Graphic Design Internship” in the subject line. In addition to explaining why you’d like to work with New Dream, please include the following in your cover letter:
- How much time you would be able to commit each week
- What days and for how long you are available (minimum requirement: 3 months)
This position will remain open until filled.