Science-based Research for the "Greater Good"
The Greater Good Science Center, based at the University of California at Berkeley, aims to uncover “the science of a meaningful life.”
Founded in 2001, the Center engages in research to study the psychology, sociology, and neuroscience of well-being. But it also has a more practical bent: through online quizzes, videos, articles, and other materials, Greater Good offers science-based tips to help foster a thriving, resilient, and compassionate society.
- Quizzes, based on scientific research, that can help you learn more about yourself, your emotional makeup, and how you relate to others. Check out the Emotional Intelligence Quiz to see how well you "read" other people, or the Stress and Anxiety Quiz to see how well you’re coping with everyday life.
- Book recommendations, with Greater Good’s top picks on topics such as Emotional Literacy, Teaching Gratitude, Holidays & Materialism, Optimism, and Meditation.
- Parenting videos on topics including Getting Kids to Listen—Without Nagging!, Why Parental Happiness Comes First, Are Your Family’s Routines Working?, and The Benefits of Family Mealtime.
- Podcasts, including the Greater Good Podcast, which features interviews with leading researchers and thinkers on the roots of compassion, happiness, morality, and more; and the Happiness Matters Podcast, which offers busy parents tips for raising happy children and leading more joyful lives as parents.
- Articles from the award-winning Greater Good magazine, on topics ranging from unleashing your creativity to the science of calming down.
- And much more...
To learn more about the Greater Good Science Center, visit their website.