WEBINAR RECORDING: Kicking the Bottled Water Habit
Want your school or community to kick the bottled water habit?
Check out this webinar to learn how!
Americans buy more than half a billion bottles of water every week, despite the fact that it flows virtually free from the tap. That’s enough plastic bottles to circle the globe more than five times! All across the country, a movement is growing to stop the use and sale of bottled water.
In April 2014, New Dream and Corporate Accountability International presented a webinar about how to organize a campaign to eliminate bottled water in your community. The webinar covers topics such as how to get started, how to build public support, and how to maximize media coverage — with a special look at successful campaigns from university campuses.
Whether you want to kick the bottled water habit in your school, workplace, or entire city, you won't want to miss this.
- Lauren DeRusha — National Campaign Organizer, Corporate Accountability International
- Kelsey Baker — Regional Student Organizer, Santa Clara University
Click play on the video below to watch a recording of the webinar (you may also download the slides in English or Spanish). Hear DeRusha and Baker share their experiences, offer tips, and answer questions about how you can organize your own bottled water campaign!
Additional resources for eliminating bottled water:
- Unbottle Water Campaign — Center for a New American Dream
- Think Outside the Bottle — Corporate Accountability International
- Take Back the Tap — Food & Water Watch
- The Story of Bottled Water — The Story of Stuff Project