Internship - Development/Marketing
The Development & Marketing Internship at the Center for a New American Dream offers a unique opportunity to work with a small organization that helps Americans reduce and shift their consumption to improve quality of life, protect the environment, and promote social justice. The intern will work closely with the Director of Development and Executive Director to refine and implement the organization's fundraising and marketing strategy.
Responsibilities include: conducting research on foundations and major donors; drafting development materials, including PowerPoint presentations; drafting marketing materials and social media communication; assisting with our year-end fundraising campaign, including but not limited to mailings, recognition, and correspondence; helping with general administrative work and other tasks as assigned.
The ideal candidate for the Development & Marketing Internship will possess:
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and capable of taking initiative on specific projects.
- Experience with databases, web research, and social media tools (Facebook, Twitter, etc).
- Coursework reflecting interest and knowledge of the environmental, social, and economic dimensions of sustainability.
- Interest in marketing and fundraising in the nonprofit world, as well as nonprofit management.
- Experience working for environmental or other sustainability-oriented organizations is a plus.
The work requires attention to detail and an ability to keep up with the organization’s rapidly growing web presence. A curiosity about how the environment relates to social, political, and economic realities and a capacity to see connections across fields and specialties are critical.
This position can be based offsite within the continental United States. Candidates must have access to a computer and the Internet during internship hours.
Schedule & Compensation
The position will start immediately and run through December 2012. Interns will be unpaid and will be expected to work 12-15 hours per week.
Please email a cover letter, resume, and a 2-4 page writing sample to email@example.com with “Development & Marketing Internship” in the subject line. In addition to explaining why you’d like to work with New Dream, please also include the following in your cover letter:
- How much time you would like to commit each week
- What days and for how long you are available (minimum requirement: 3 months)
This position will remain open until filled.